guacamole-user mailing list archives

From William Tyrell x1541 <wtyr...@tessy.com>
Subject RE: changing the URL/Port on the guacamole server
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:25:50 GMT

Yea I fixed it. I was pointing to webapps. Dropped it in there. Thank you.

From: Nick Couchman [mailto:vnick@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 11:10 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: changing the URL/Port on the guacamole server

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 11:05 AM, William Tyrell x1541 <wtyrell@tessy.com<mailto:wtyrell@tessy.com>>
wrote:
Nick,

I copied the old guacamole.war file from /var/lib/guacamole and replaced it with ROOT.war.
I then restarted the sevrer and I cannot browse to: X.X.X.X:8080/

Thoughts?

Is /var/lib/guacamole where you have Tomcat pointed for the root webapps?  Usually it's somewhere
like /var/lib/tomcat/webapps or something like that.

Also, there are a couple of other things you can try:
- Make sure the Tomcat webapps directory does not already have a "ROOT/" directory in it.
 If it does (re)move it.
- You can also change Tomcat's config to point specifically to a WAR file for the root.  See
the following post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5328518/deploying-my-application-at-the-root-in-tomcat

-Nick

PS - Please reply to the mailing list with future e-mails and not to me directly.  This keeps
it out there so that the community can assist you, and not just me...I don't have all...or
even most...of the answers :-).

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/MZbqvYs5QwJvpeaetUwhCQ==> to report this email
as spam.

Please Consider The Environment Before Printing This Email.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for its
intended recipient. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Tessy
Plastics Corporation.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed by email filtering and antivirus
software. For any questions regarding this scanning, please forward this email to: infos@tessy.com