guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Paulo Gonçalves <pafgoncal...@ipc.pt>
Subject Re: AW: tree support in user-mapping.xml
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2018 20:12:50 GMT

I agree with you about the resources usage just for that.

Maybe you can try to use a H2 database with MySQL Compatibility Mode (I
don't know if it works, never tried it).

---

 		Paulo Alexandre Figueiredo Gonçalves

 		Departamento de Tecnologias de Informação e Comunicação (DTIC)

 		Email: pafgoncalves@ipc.pt / Voip: 301103

 		 Serviços Centrais

 		Av. Dr. Marnoco e Sousa, nº 30, 3000-271 Coimbra

 		Tel.: +351 239 791 250

 		Site:www.ipc.pt [2] | E-mail:ipc@ipc.pt

Em 2018-04-29 20:51, Joachim Lindenberg escreveu:

> Hi Nick,
>
> I totally disagree. The delta is not just time, but the need of a full blown database
that I need to operate with plenty of cpu, memory, and disk usage.

> Best Regards, Joachim
>
> VON: Nick Couchman [mailto:vnick@apache.org]
> GESENDET: Sonntag, 29. April 2018 21:41
> AN: user@guacamole.apache.org
> BETREFF: Re: tree support in user-mapping.xml
>
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Joachim Lindenberg <joachim@lindenberg.one> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I do have my extension for Hyper-V, that does authentication and authorizations for
my Hyper-V guests. However I also would like to include some of my infrastructure (SSH, VNC,
etc.) into the solution - and preferably not as a flat list but with some hierarchy. I do
understand that I can run a database and insert all information, likely in parallel to my
own extension. However I think that´s overkill (with one user, and system load and backup
is an issue) and would prefer if the user-mapping.xml [1] could be extended to support a (simple,
i.e. one level totally fine) tree structure.

> No, the basic file authentication (user-mapping.xml) extension does not support any organization
to the connections. The JDBC module is actually the only module that does - all of the other
modules that support connections (LDAP, upcoming QuickConnect, and Basic File Authentication)
simply put the connections in a single, flat root group with no ability to organize them.
If you need this functionality, you need to use the JDBC module - it's worth the very slight
overhead and additional 10 minutes of work to get it set up.

> -Nick

Links:
------
[1]