guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Joachim Lindenberg" <joac...@lindenberg.one>
Subject AW: tree support in user-mapping.xml
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2018 19:51:22 GMT
Hi Nick,

I totally disagree. The delta is not just time, but the need of a full blown database that
I need to operate with plenty of cpu, memory, and disk usage.

Best Regards, Joachim

Von: Nick Couchman [mailto:vnick@apache.org]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 29. April 2018 21:41
An: user@guacamole.apache.org
Betreff: Re: tree support in user-mapping.xml

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Joachim Lindenberg <joachim@lindenberg.one <mailto:joachim@lindenberg.one>
> wrote:

Hello,

I do have my extension for Hyper-V, that does authentication and authorizations for my Hyper-V
guests. However I also would like to include some of my infrastructure (SSH, VNC, etc.) into
the solution – and preferably not as a flat list but with some hierarchy. I do understand
that I can run a database and insert all information, likely in parallel to my own extension.
However I think that´s overkill (with one user, and system load and backup is an issue) and
would prefer if the  <http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#user-mapping>
user-mapping.xml could be extended to support a (simple, i.e. one level totally fine) tree
structure.

No, the basic file authentication (user-mapping.xml) extension does not support any organization
to the connections.  The JDBC module is actually the only module that does - all of the other
modules that support connections (LDAP, upcoming QuickConnect, and Basic File Authentication)
simply put the connections in a single, flat root group with no ability to organize them.
 If you need this functionality, you need to use the JDBC module - it's worth the very slight
overhead and additional 10 minutes of work to get it set up.

-Nick