guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Hall <h...@ill.eu>
Subject Re: EXT: Re: X11 Server protocol plugin
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:30:49 GMT
Hi Mike,

Some feedback. I managed to get this working on an Xubuntu VM. I have
made a basic gist detailing the installation instructions:
https://gist.github.com/jamhall/844c49515f76126b218a16043ef08952

 > Be warned also that the RENDER extension is not yet implemented. As
such,>
 > the example xorg.conf explicitly disables that extension. Some
applications>
 > will not be happy with that, and others may pretend to be happy yet
fail in>
 > interesting ways.>
Yups, some applications aren't happy. For example, the XFCE toolbar
doesn't render, some windows are missing borders etc. The login screen
didn't show, so I had to force an automatic login for a user.

However, the performance is very impressive. Just like being on a local
machine!

This will be amazing once it has been completed and merged.  To get rid
of XRDP from our machines would be great.

Do you have a rough estimate when you think this work might be completed?

Thank you for this great work!

Cheers,
Jamie

https://github.com/mike-jumper/incubator-guacamole-server/tree/xf86-video-guac>

https://github.com/mike-jumper/incubator-guacamole-client/tree/xf86-video-guac>

 > For guacamole-server, you'll need to specify an additional>
 > "--with-xorg-module-dir" option for configure to locate the path for
X.Org>
 > drivers:>
 >
 > $ ./configure --with-xorg-module-dir=/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/>
 >
 > Keep in mind the path to X.Org's modules will likely vary by
distribution.>

 > The implementation is not an X11 protocol plugin, but a driver for
X.Org>

https://github.com/mike-jumper/incubator-guacamole-server/blob/xf86-video-guac/src/drivers/xf86-video-guac/doc/example.xorg.conf>