guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Binary for guacd for easier distribution
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2018 19:18:34 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Tom Astle <tom@pcc.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to create a tarball/packge of the **server** to make
> installing this a bit more convenient?  I suppose I could roll my own spec
> file.

If your distribution does not provide its own binary packages of
guacamole-server, the best route forward for you would be to work with your
distribution to contribute such packages, becoming the initial maintainer.
Beyond that, as the upstream project, producing packages for arbitrary
distributions is not something we can/should do. Our focus is producing
source.

Alternatively, we do provide Docker images:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-docker.html

- Mike