guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Remote Disconnection request via extension
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 23:03:38 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Paul Azad <paul@thissolution.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am looking at how we can remotely terminate a connected session through
> the Guacamole API. At the moment if a user is logged into a remote session
> - ie RDP, and go home - leaving their browser window open - the session can
> stay connected and others on that PC can continue to use the RDP session.
> As most users have lots of tabs open we find this happens quite often.
>

> As we are using the guacamole-auth-json, I am looking as to how we can
> send the request to disconnect the session. I have looked at the
> guacamole-auth-json  README on Github, but don’t see how we can do this.

If you keep track of the auth token returned by Guacamole for your users,
you can forcibly terminate any Guacamole session by issuing a DELETE
request to /api/tokens/TOKEN, where TOKEN is the auth token returned when
the user was authenticated. Their session will end, the token will cease to
be valid, and any associated active connections will be closed.

- Mike