guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole doesn't support AUDIO enable disable feature as FreeRDP do
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:19:09 GMT
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 1:07 AM, Amarjeet Singh <amarjeetxc@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> In Guacamole we have the option to disable audio to true or false but
> FreeRDP doesn't behave like this while connecting through command line
> interface.

Guacamole does not use the same options to configure the same internal
flags. The "xfreerdp" client and Guacamole are not equivalent in
implementation, regardless of the fact that they use the same underlying
RDP library (FreeRDP).

It has following command line interface options.

>> audio-mode: Audio output mode
>> (mode can 0 - redirect locally, 1 - leave on server, 2 - none)
>

> In Guacamole, If I set disable-audio=true then it disables the audio on
> remote server as well.
>
> *How can we achieve this on Guacamole ? (  leave on server  ) *

Honestly, "leave on server" does not make sense to me as an option, but
based on the code you pasted in your email, you'd need to use the
"console-audio" option:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-device-redirection

Can you describe what you're trying to do here? What makes you look into
the specifics of these audio options vs. FreeRDP?

> {code:none}

JIRA wiki markup only has any effect in JIRA.

- Mike