guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Extension... showing VM status?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 03:14:28 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 2:37 PM, vladnone <vladkopy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need this too. Want to show online computer icons with different color.
> Maybe someone can create a tutorial.
>
> Or lets put feature request "ability to select icon files for connections
> in
> connection settings"
> this way we just need to update SQL to get icons needed to show

Though this may seem invitingly simple, it is bad practice:

http://guacamole.apache.org/faq/#integrate-auth

Adding support for VM providers in general is a good idea, but it should be
done through an extension which augments existing functionality, not
through use-case-specific changes to the database schema.

- Mike