guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shared RDP connections with 0.9.14
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:46:10 GMT

> However, if on step 4 the browser is authenticated to Guacamole as a
> different user, the pasted link seems to open the top level connection and
> not the shared connection, so RDP of course logs the first user out.

Interesting.  I'm not sure if this is intentional or not - I'll have to
play with it and see what my experience is.

> What I am eventually trying to achieve is that I can hand a URL to a set of
> users, they all see the shared connection and one of them has control - the
> others read-only, but that control can be passed between users.  I had
> assumed for that that everyone must be logged in and then some API call
> would determine who was read-only and who not.  Is there another way I
> might
> achieve what I want?

I don't think you're going to get to exactly where you want to be with the
way Guacamole works today.  There are some JIRA issues out there that deal
with making shared sessions available on the home page to users, so that
functionality is probably not far off; however, switching between read-only
and read-write and passing control of a session around between multiple
users ("Passing the Ball" in WebEx) is not something that's possible in
Guacamole right now, and I don't think there is a JIRA issue in for that
one, yet.

-Nick