guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole doesn't support AUDIO enable disable feature as FreeRDP do
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:54:41 GMT

>> It has following command line interface options.
>>

>>> audio-mode: Audio output mode
>>> (mode can 0 - redirect locally, 1 - leave on server, 2 - none)
>>

>> In Guacamole, If I set disable-audio=true then it disables the audio on
>> remote server as well.
>>
>> *How can we achieve this on Guacamole ? (  leave on server  ) *
>>

> Honestly, "leave on server" does not make sense to me as an option, but
> based on the code you pasted in your email, you'd need to use the
> "console-audio" option:

Yeah, I'm curious, Amarjeet, what your use-case is for having the audio
available on the server?  This option has never made a lot of sense to me,
though I can imagine maybe one scenario (controlling a desktop) where this
might make sense, but in a server or cloud scenario where you have multiple
users accessing a variety of either server or VDI-type machines, I fail to
see why you'd ever need audio to be "playing" on a server device and not
forwarded out to the remote system?

-Nick