guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: In-Context Launch and Caching
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 13:00:53 GMT

> As for the memory/accumulation issue I raise, in
> AuthenticationService.authenticate, I see that tokenSessionMap is
> populated
> with information for each session.   However, it's not clear when those are
> removed from the map.  I think I deduce from a rest API call
> (Administration?) And there's another case upon an unclear exception but
> there's limits to how IntelliJ will let me traceback and reverse engineer
> this...

A couple of things, here:
- There is code during the "logout" process that tears down the session
(look at the DELETE method on the api/tokens endpoint).
- In your custom authentication module, there's a shutdown() method that
you could use to clean up anything specific to your authentication module.
- If you put Guacamole into DEBUG logging and look at the Tomcat logs
(catalina,out or syslog, depending on your configuration) you'll see
periodic messages from o.a.g.rest.auth.HashTokenSessionMap cleaning up old
sessions.
- I believe Tomcat's monitoring/management interface can show you memory
utilization for a deployed application, so you can monitor that and make
sure it isn't leaking.

-Nick