guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 404 when trying to import all.min.js using HTTPS (NGINX)
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:40:52 GMT
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 8:32 AM, messido <mohammad.zbaker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Keeping it short, when I was developing locally and serving .war file over
> tomcat (without the use of nginx) the all.min.js file was being imported
> properly and I could connect to session over the Guacamole tunnel no
> problem. However, now that I setup a remote server and added nginx (with
> SSL
> certificate, making the connection https) I get `GET
> https://<MyDomainName>/resources/all.min.js net::ERR_ABORTED` which is
> pretty much a 404...

It looks like maybe you're trying to have your application proxied out at a
different location than it is deployed in Tomcat?  So, you probably have
your web app deployed such that the link in Tomcat is:
http://hostname.domain.tld:8080/guacapp/

But, when you proxy it over nginx, you're trying to make it show up at:

https://hostname.domain.tld/

(without the trailing guacapp/), correct?  If so, you'll need to make sure
that your proxy configuration is correctly rewriting the URLs such that
everything, links, includes, etc., gets translated from one URL to
another.  I'm not familiar enough with Nginx to know off the top of my head
how to do this, or even if it will work in all situations.  The following
StackOverflow question may help:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46610662/nginx-reverse-proxy-with-different-context-path

In some cases you have to do some pretty serious filtering/rewriting if the
application in question is unable to handle the varying context paths  To
simplify things in your scenario, I would try setting up the proxy config
with nginx such that it is using the exact same context path as is used in
the deployment in Tomcat.  So, if you are deploying to /guacapp in Tomcat,
make sure the Nginx path contains the same /guacapp path and see if you can
get it to work that way.

-Nick