guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Control outbound socket connection
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2018 19:49:22 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 1:29 PM, R <funnny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way, that I can tunnel the outbound rdp/vnc/ssh connections via
> CASB. I need to authenticate to CASB first before I need to send the
> rdp/vnc/ssh connection.
> I will be sending all the requests to that CASB and CASB will act as
> multi-tenent for all customers.

First, you haven't really defined what CASB is, so it's hard for those of
us unfamiliar with the term to know exactly what you're talking about.  A
quick Google search turns up Netskope's Cloud Access Security Broker, which
sounds like it could fit what you're talking about, but you might want to
help us out and define that a little better.  Besides just what it is, it
would be useful to know a little bit about how it functions - what does it
mean to "authenticate to CASB" before you send the connection?  Do they
provide any clients or documentation on how that authentication is
accomplished?  Is it a REST API, a port knocking handshake, some other
username/password?  Should it be taking credentials used for the connection
and providing those somewhere else?  Is there something else that needs to
be configured, like a CASB server, etc.

There are few things that aren't possible to accomplish, it's just a matter
of determining how to accomplish it and whether or not it's worth the
difficulty, or if the arrangement of the network with regard to the
location of CASB can be adjusted at all.

-Nick