guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues with SFTP
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 14:36:35 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 9:28 AM, <harry.devine@faa.gov> wrote:

> We have our guacamole set up where users can connect to a machine via VNC
> and connect to 1 of 25 available connections.  Our users have a requirement
> to SFTP files between their desktops and the VNC connection.  However,
> according to the documentation, the SFTP requires a user name and
> password.  Since we don’t know at log in time what their username and
> password is, how do we set up the connection to allow the SFTP?  Do we have
> to have a generic SFTP user setup on the client machine that allows them to
> SFTP files?  Or is there a way we can set up the SFTP username/password at
> connect-time dynamically?

If your SFTP username and password matches your Guacamole username/password
(e.g. you're using LDAP authentication), then you can use the tokens
${GUAC_USERNAME} and ${GUAC_PASSWORD} in the username and password fields
for the SFTP configuration, and these values will be forwarded from
Guacmaole through to the SFTP configuration.

Support for prompting for parameters is in the works, but not yet
implemented.

-Nick