guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: In-Context Launch and Caching
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:01:04 GMT
On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 8:56 AM, ggagnon <ggagnon@ciena.com> wrote:

> Actually, as I keep investigating, it seems the issue is in good parts
> "caused" by the GUAC_AUTH cookie.   If I delete that cookie between
> invocations, all URL calls seem to be really authenticated.

Haha, replied just as this one came in.  Yes, GUAC_AUTH, not GUAC_TOKEN.

> Now to find a way to work around that cookie use/creation (or invalidate
> it).
> The cause, I believe, is that in order to get the terminal session started
> immediately, I have to create an on-the-fly user authorization with only
> one
> connection allowed (to be different for each invocation).   Looks like
> that's a border case for Guacamole.   If there are multiple connections,
> then there is a home page to pick from (which we precisely want to avoid to
> obtain true in-context launch) so authentication caching through the cookie
> is OK.

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do, Mike might have some
suggestions, but part of your extension can include HTML/JS code, so maybe
you could write code as part of your extension that clears that cookie out.

> I also see signs that some information is kept by the server for these
> sessions so I now also worry about the accumulation of them (memory) over
> time.

What kind of information are you talking about?

-Nick