guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connecting as admin user issue
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 19:26:58 GMT
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 3:13 PM, <harry.devine@faa.gov> wrote:

> I have our admin user set to connect to a VNC connection.  So when it logs
> in, it automatically goes into that connection.  We didn’t mean to do this
> and need to back that out, so we can go into the Guacamole settings page
> and administer the other connections and users.  How can I do this?  I am
> pretty good at MySQL so if it has to be at the database level, I can do
> that too.

In the currently-released version, if the user only has 1 connection
available, that connection is started automatically.  You can get to the
Settings menu by using the Ctrl-Alt-Shift hot-key, which brings up the
hidden menu, and then use the drop-down menu to get to the Settings page.

A recent JIRA issue and pull request changed this behavior:
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/pull/255

So, after the next release (or using the current code in the git master),
if the user has access to the Settings page (e.g. Admin user), the user
will be taken to the home page instead of automatically connecting,

-Nick