guacamole-user mailing list archives

From <harry.dev...@faa.gov>
Subject RE: Connecting as admin user issue
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 19:29:03 GMT
Thanks Nick!  The Ctrl+Alt+Shift gave me what I needed.  Forgot all about that!

Thanks,
Harry

From: Nick Couchman [mailto:vnick@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 3:27 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Connecting as admin user issue

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 3:13 PM, <harry.devine@faa.gov<mailto:harry.devine@faa.gov>>
wrote:
I have our admin user set to connect to a VNC connection.  So when it logs in, it automatically
goes into that connection.  We didn’t mean to do this and need to back that out, so we can
go into the Guacamole settings page and administer the other connections and users.  How can
I do this?  I am pretty good at MySQL so if it has to be at the database level, I can do that
too.

In the currently-released version, if the user only has 1 connection available, that connection
is started automatically.  You can get to the Settings menu by using the Ctrl-Alt-Shift hot-key,
which brings up the hidden menu, and then use the drop-down menu to get to the Settings page.

A recent JIRA issue and pull request changed this behavior:
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/pull/255

So, after the next release (or using the current code in the git master), if the user has
access to the Settings page (e.g. Admin user), the user will be taken to the home page instead
of automatically connecting,

-Nick