guacamole-user mailing list archives

From <harry.dev...@faa.gov>
Subject Issues with SFTP
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 14:28:25 GMT
We have our guacamole set up where users can connect to a machine via VNC and connect to 1
of 25 available connections.  Our users have a requirement to SFTP files between their desktops
and the VNC connection.  However, according to the documentation, the SFTP requires a user
name and password.  Since we don't know at log in time what their username and password is,
how do we set up the connection to allow the SFTP?  Do we have to have a generic SFTP user
setup on the client machine that allows them to SFTP files?  Or is there a way we can set
up the SFTP username/password at connect-time dynamically?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Devine
DOT/FAA/AJM-2412
Common ARTS Software Development
Terminal Server (NASDAC) Adminstrator
Red Hat Certfied System Adminstrator (RHCSA)
harry.devine@faa.gov<mailto:harry.devine@faa.gov>
(609)485-4218
Building 300, 3rd Floor, Column L20 (3L20)