guacamole-user mailing list archives

From ggagnon <ggag...@ciena.com>
Subject RE: In-Context Launch and Caching
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:56:20 GMT
Actually, as I keep investigating, it seems the issue is in good parts
"caused" by the GUAC_AUTH cookie.   If I delete that cookie between
invocations, all URL calls seem to be really authenticated.
Now to find a way to work around that cookie use/creation (or invalidate
it).
The cause, I believe, is that in order to get the terminal session started
immediately, I have to create an on-the-fly user authorization with only one
connection allowed (to be different for each invocation).   Looks like
that's a border case for Guacamole.   If there are multiple connections,
then there is a home page to pick from (which we precisely want to avoid to
obtain true in-context launch) so authentication caching through the cookie
is OK.
I also see signs that some information is kept by the server for these
sessions so I now also worry about the accumulation of them (memory) over
time.