guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Joachim Lindenberg" <joac...@lindenberg.one>
Subject AW: Audio with Hyper-V?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2018 20:15:29 GMT
Can anyone confirm on whether (s)he can use Audio with Hyper-V? then I would conclude it could
be my extension or setup and am wondering how to best debug that.

Or can anyone confirm lack of Audio as well, indicating it might be an issue with guacamole?

Thanks & Best Regards, Joachim

Von: Amarjeet Singh [mailto:amarjeetxc@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 10. März 2018 23:39
An: user@guacamole.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Audio with Hyper-V?

I am using Chrome on the client – I assume the client is relevant and not the browser in
the Hyper-V guest I used to play the video, correct?

Yes, Client browser is relevant not the Remote Browser where video is playing.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 3:05 AM, Joachim Lindenberg <joachim@lindenberg.one <mailto:joachim@lindenberg.one>
> wrote:

Hi Amarjeet,

thanks for getting back on that.

I am using Chrome on the client – I assume the client is relevant and not the browser in
the Hyper-V guest I used to play the video, correct?

I changed the setting you suggested in both the Hyper-V host and client, but the connection
is still showing “No Audio Output Device is installed”. Also the description of the policy
indicates, enabled is only relevant for Windows Server 2008R2 and earlier, but not for Windows
Server 2012 and up or Windows client OS – I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro. As it
is working with VMConnect, I really suspect a Guacamole or browser issue.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Joachim