guacamole-user mailing list archives

From <harry.dev...@faa.gov>
Subject RE: Dynamic VNC connections
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 17:49:06 GMT
I think that was it.  I had the IP and port under Network on the first connection, and had
the IP and port under GUACD on the other. Looks OK when I just corrected it and re-tested.

Thanks,
Harry

From: Nick Couchman [mailto:vnick@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2018 11:36 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dynamic VNC connections

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:05 <harry.devine@faa.gov<mailto:harry.devine@faa.gov>>
wrote:
I tried that, and its not working.  Let me describe how I have things set up, and hopefully
its just something that I overlooked.

1)      I made a new group called VNC.  Its type is “Balancing”, and I set the max # of
connections to 10 and the max per user to 2.  I did not check “Enable Session Affinity”.

2)      Under that group, I made 2 VNC connections.  They both have the same IP address, but
the first connection has port 5901 and second has port 5902.

3)      I assign the VNC group to a user and have them try it.

When the user clicks on VNC in their available connections list, they get an error stating
that there was an internal Guacamole error.  /var/log/messages shows the following:

ERROR: o.a.g.s.GuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet: HTTP tunnel request failed: Non-numeric character
in element length

I know it's simple and may sound silly, but can you double-check that when you put the VNC
server and port number into the connections that you put it in the VNC connection properties
and *not* in the box for the Guacamole server and port number?  There's been some discussion
that the location of the Guacamole server/port configuration boxes are placed in a slightly-unfortunate
place where people often enter the target server information in the wrong place.

-Nick