guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole 0.9.14, RDP, Accent Symbols on German Keyboard Layout
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 20:04:37 GMT
Please try building Guacamole from git master and see if you are still
encountering problems with dead keys. While Guacamole previously was only
able to handle dead keys if the browser handled them with traditional key
events, this has recently changed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-352 ("Add support for dead
keys")

The above changes affect both guacamole-client and guacamole-server and
achieve support for dead keys through:

* Handling the composition events which some platforms dispatch instead of
key events when dead keys are used
* Automatically decomposing the received key into the required dead key and
base key sequence within RDP (all other protocols allow such keys to be
typed directly)

- Mike