guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Send PrintScreen key to the Remote Desktop
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 18:44:41 GMT
On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 11:25 PM, Amarjeet Singh <amarjeetxc@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I tried to send both keydown and keyup as well but didn't worked.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Can't we send keysym as we send for normal keys  ( a - z or A-Z or 0-9 ) ?

If the "printscreen" key is not working for RDP specifically, and it is
working with other RDP clients, that suggests that the key is simply not
mapped to a scancode. Checking the base keymap, I don't see a mapping for
this key:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/blob/3187a641cf915f5d8d0a0e1b8b481442fcfe26c5/src/protocols/rdp/keymaps/base.keymap

If that is the reason this isn't working, you should see a message in your
guacd logs regarding the lack of mapping for that key, and adding support
for that key would be a matter of determining what scancode, flags, etc.
needs to be sent.

- Mike