guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Getting errors on GUACD : Static Virtual Channels
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2018 06:35:57 GMT
On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 9:43 PM, Amarjeet Singh <amarjeetxc@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Mike.
>
> var output_stream = client.createPipeStream(mimetype, name);
>>

> As I understood the above *output_sream*  need not to be created every
> time data received instead creating it once ( defining globally ) and
> reusing it will work fine.

Just as you wouldn't repeatedly open the same file (without closing it)
every time you need to write to it, yes.

If you open a new resource, such as a Guacamole stream of any kind, you
need to keep in mind that you are consuming a finite resource. If you
continually open new resources without ever freeing them, you will
eventually run out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_leak

- Mike