guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Getting errors on GUACD : Static Virtual Channels
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2018 19:04:16 GMT
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 1:14 AM, Amarjeet Singh <amarjeetxc@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If I will use the same stream every time, one pipe will be always open for
> a single user but if 500 users are logged in at the same time. It will
> exhaust the number of available streams as you said.

No. To clarify:

1) There is a limit on the number of streams on a per connection basis, not
across all connections. Streams exist only within the connection in which
they are created.
2) It is bad practice to create resources without ever freeing them. In the
case of Guacamole, leaking resources like this will result in no further
resources being successfully allocated for that connection.
3) Leaking resources as you were doing will have zero affect on other users
on other connections. This is by design: if it were possible for the
client-side of an active connection to exhaust available resources for all
other users, that would be a denial of service vulnerability.

The client side of an active connection can exhaust only the resources
available for that active connection, not the resources of other users.

- Mike