guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Newsome <aaron.news...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recording session on demand
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:15:40 GMT
Hello Marko. I've been thinking about this use case too. If you look at my
My current method of managing on-demand recording is to use sql scripts to
modify the database to enable and disable session recording on-the-fly.
This works perfectly, however it's a bit manual and I guess it probably
only works if using the JDBC or mysql plugins. Ultimately what I would like
to see on the main page are two links for each connection, one link to
login to the rdp/vnc/ssh session normally and another link for each
connection that automatically starts recording the session.

The session recording feature has been an absolute timesaver for me, being
able to produce videos of sessions without 3rd party capture software and
all the headaches of dealing with that. I agree that being able to connect
to a session and easily chose whether or not it's recorded would be one
more additional time saver.

--Aaron