guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hunter <jmhunt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: guacamole admin utility
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:39:36 GMT
Hi Both,

For what it's worth, I would also find this kind of functionality extremely
helpful.

I am not a skilled Java or web developer, but am using Guacamole in
conjunction with HTTP authentication and an LDAP authentication back-end to
allow users to connect to VMs. In my use case, one of the VM connections
has its logon credentials stored in guacamole, such that any user with
sufficient permission to access this connection will be logged into the VM
with a specific username/password, as the application being accessed needs
to be run in a specific way.

But, if user A connects and starts to use the application, and then later
on user B uses the same connection, this new 'user B' connection will
disconnect the 'user A' session. So, I would like to make a status page
available so that people can see if there is an active connection at the
moment. Given my web coding skills, something like this proposed CLI would
be much more within my reach, than having to create something in HTML/JS.
Yes, this information is available in the Guacamole settings screen, but
that is only available for administrators and isn't obvious for a user who
is unfamiliar with Guacamole concepts.

I would also dearly love to be able to use something like nagios or cacti
to monitor active connections, etc.

(Not on this exact same topic.. but if there was a way of having a shared
connection by default, so that user A and user B could both view the same
RDP/VNC/etc. display at the same time.. then that would be even better for
me. But, that is another topic of conversation, I think)

Cheers,

Jonathan

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"