guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Pieter Temmerman <piet...@softcom.com>
Subject Re: RDP connection problems
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 02:05:56 GMT
Hi again,

I managed to progress. It was related to the security mode being picked. Since I didn't specify
any, RDP was used instead of NLA, which was enabled in the Windows server.

Now, when opening the RDP connection, I see a black window with a mouse pointer now. I'm going
through various list posts, as I noticed this issue has come up several times in the past.

Thanks.

________________________________
De: Pieter Temmerman <pietert@softcom.com>
Enviado: domingo, 17 de diciembre de 2017 21:33:31
Para: user@guacamole.apache.org
Asunto: RDP connection problems

Hi all,

I'm a bit puzzled trying to get RDP to work, and I hope someone could shed a light.

Both FreeRDP and Guacamole server compile correctly.

However, when trying to connect to a Windows server, I see the following warning/error message
in Guacd:

guacd[72]: INFO: No security mode specified. Defaulting to RDP.
guacd[72]: INFO: Resize method: none
guacd[72]: INFO: User "@ae8936e9-6533-494f-b6af-bcbe0b5d09da" joined connection "$919e718e-3bba-40a8-ba60-ac2eac517a8b"
(1 users now present)
guacd[72]: INFO: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[72]: INFO: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
freerdp_load_library_symbol: failed to open /usr/local/lib64/freerdp/guacdr.so: Error loading
shared library /usr/local/lib64/freerdp/guacdr.so: No such file or directory
guacd[72]: WARNING: Failed to load guacdr plugin. Drive redirection and printing will not
work. Sound MAY not work.
guacd[72]: WARNING: Failed to load guacsnd alongside guacdr plugin. Sound will not work. Drive
redirection and printing MAY not work.
recv: Connection reset by peer
guacd[72]: ERROR: Error connecting to RDP server
guacd[72]: ERROR: User is not responding.
guacd[72]: INFO: User "@ae8936e9-6533-494f-b6af-bcbe0b5d09da" disconnected (0 users remain)
guacd[72]: INFO: Last user of connection "$919e718e-3bba-40a8-ba60-ac2eac517a8b" disconnected
freerdp_load_plugin: failed to load guacdr/VirtualChannelEntry
freerdp_load_library_symbol: failed to open /usr/local/lib64/freerdp/guacsnd.so: Error loading
shared library /usr/local/lib64/freerdp/guacsnd.so: No such file or directory
freerdp_load_plugin: failed to load guacsnd/VirtualChannelEntry
connected to 52.178.133.40:3389
Error: protocol security negotiation failure

FreeRDP version: 1.0.2

Guacamole server version: 0.9.3-incubating

Operating System: Alpine Linux 3.7 (musl-libc)

Compilation options FreeRDP:

cmake -DWITH_XV=OFF -DWITH_XINERAMA=OFF -DWITH_XEXT=OFF -DWITH_FFMPEG=OFF

Compilation options Guacamole Server:

./configure

Although the guacdr.so and guacsnd.so libs are installed, they are not in the directories
searched. Creating symlinks to the actual location makes the warning message disappear, resulting
in warning:

guacd[33]: INFO: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[33]: INFO: Connection ID is "$3417068f-e8a7-4376-8654-1ec2c1ddd763"
guacd[86]: INFO: No security mode specified. Defaulting to RDP.
guacd[86]: INFO: Resize method: none
guacd[86]: INFO: User "@69391379-af24-4b8e-80c0-5c165fa45cd5" joined connection "$3417068f-e8a7-4376-8654-1ec2c1ddd763"
(1 users now present)
guacd[86]: INFO: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[86]: INFO: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
freerdp_load_library_symbol: failed to open /usr/local/lib64/freerdp/guacdr.so: Error relocating
/usr/local/lib64/freerdp/guacdr.so: guac_rdp_svc_write: symbol not found
guacd[86]: WARNING: Failed to load guacdr plugin. Drive redirection and printing will not
work. Sound MAY not work.
recv: Connection reset by peer
guacd[86]: ERROR: Error connecting to RDP server

>From the output I deduce that these are just warnings disabling sound and drive redirection.
I'm assuming they don't affect actually the remote Windows server that is disconnecting. However,
when using a regular RDP client, I can connect without problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.