guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Michael Niehren <mich...@niehren.de>
Subject Re: guacamole admin utility
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2017 10:24:06 GMT
Hi Nick,

my intention was to administrate guacamole without using the client
interface. With an console utility you can do much more things like
- monitoring the usage in realtime (Nagios)
- automatically kill a session running longer than x minutes ...
- showing the current login's in another application
- ...

you are more flexible to implement such things, with such an console program.

best regards,
   Michael

Am 30.12.2017 um 23:04 schrieb Nick Couchman:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Michael Niehren <michael@niehren.de <mailto:michael@niehren.de>>

> wrote:
>
>     Hi together,
>
>     first of all, many thank's for guacamole. I've successfully setup it
>     together with jetty.
>
>     I would like to have something like an admin utility, which runs in
>     an linux shell, where i can can control the guacd.
>     For example:
>     - get_active_sessions
>     - kill session
>     - history of sessions
>

> Michael,
> This is an interesting idea, but I have a couple of questions:
> - Most of this functionality is already available in the Guacamole Client interface,
if you're
> using that (instead of a custom-built one on top of the Guacamole API).  I believe you
need to be
> using the JDBC authentication module, as you have to be able to define administrative
users, but
> the Settings menu area provides the Active Connections tab, which shows current sessions
and
> allows you to kill existing ones, and then the history tab, which shows past sessions.
This seems
> to cover your list of items.
> - You asked about this functionality as it relates to guacd, but I'm not sure why you're
trying to
> get this functionality at the guacd level instead of the Guacamole Client (or API) level?
Doing

--
Michael Niehren              __   _       powered by