guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Alex ARNAUD <alexarn...@hypra.fr>
Subject Re: Alternative for TeamViewer via Guacamole
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2017 10:23:20 GMT
Le 14/12/2017 à 19:55, Chris Stave a écrit :
> Guacamole is great when you can reach the user's computer -- for spread
> out users, it gets a little more complicated.  Setting up VPN tunnels
> for people would be pretty painful and hard to manage, require some
> central point, and wouldn't be super-fantastic.  For an easy way to get
> reachability (and then you can use plain-ol'-VNC or set up Guacamole as
> a nice front end to it), I have been using ZeroTier, which
> pretty-painlessly connects users to a secured flat network.  Most of
> their offering is Open Source.  Give it a try on a computer or two and
> verify that it would do what you'd want it to, and then you can figure
> out some simple network rules (eg. don't let people tagged with "end
> user" talk to each other, maybe?) and roll it out.  The installation is
> easy and generally it "just works."

Thanks for the tips. ZeroTier looks an interesting project to simulate
an local network.

What's about to open VNC automatically and to automatically create a
Guacamole access point to the computer? Are you doing all this steps
manually? We've more than hundred of users that could use the support
and most of them are blind or visual-impaired and doesn't know what VNC
means.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD