Thanks, Ryan and Nick,

I've played around with all the log settings in the browser console, and run my app on multiple browsers, so that at least can be rules out as an issue for now.

Looking more closely at minify-maven, one of the tools its built on top of is Google's Closure Compiler, which "parses your JavaScript, analyzes it, removes dead code and rewrites and minimizes what's left", which could potentially explain this behaviour. Commenting out that whole process from the pom file then breaks things because app.js isn't build. I'm playing around with changing the index.html and seeing if just pointing it to the individual .js files works, but alternative suggestions are also welcome.

I tried injecting the $log service, but had no luck. It's entirely possible that I wasn't doing it correctly, though, so I'm heading back to the docs to confirm that.

I am modifying the client rather than using the API portions of the client code to write a custom app. The kinds of errors I expect to see are the stock standard HTTP errors, like 404s, 500s, etc. I'd just like to have a little pop up or display a relevant error message when these errors occur. The browser is able to tell which of these errors has occurred, so it looks like everything is working as expected, its just handling this on the client side which is proving irksome. I'm trying to use the logs to work out where things should be handled but aren't.

Thanks for all your advice!

All the best,
Erin