guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stave <chris.st...@voxmedia.com>
Subject Interesting combination of Guacamole and ZeroTier
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:31:03 GMT
I've been running a combination of Guacamole and ZeroTier and it has been
fantastic for remote access.

You already know Guacamole -- it's fantastic and you know you like it.

ZeroTier is a secure flat network SDN solution -- it puts devices on a
second private network no matter where they are -- on a phone, in another
office, at home -- wherever.

If you put ZeroTier on your Guacamole server, it will get an additional
address that is reachable from other ZeroTier clients.

Contractor needs remote access?  Have them install zerotier and then they
can get to the Guacamole server and then out to everything.

The bonus is that you don't need to open anything up to the
wild-wild-internet world, it all stays believably-crytographically-safe on
the ZeroTier network.

(and it lets me SSH into network switches from my phone from anywhere,
which is fantastic)

I'm not associated with ZeroTier, but I'm happy to pass on the idea of this
great combination!

--
Chris Stave | Network Engineer
(973)545-1628

Vox Creative introduces The Explainer Studio. Read more from the Wall
Street Journal <http://on.wsj.com/2xDqBN5>.