guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuring LDAP
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:05:18 GMT
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:55 AM, <harry.devine@faa.gov> wrote:

> I just restarted Guacamole and Tomcat, and I don’t see anything about LDAP
> Is that the proper directory for it?  I’m pretty sure that’s where the user
> guide said to put it.  I also have the pertinent LDAP parameters set in the
> guacamole.properties file at /etc/guacamole.

In 0.9.13-incubating, if you downloaded the release from the website, then
the default GUACAMOLE_HOME will be the $HOME/.guacamole directory.
Double-check and make sure that's the Tomcat user's home directory.  You
can also change the GUACAMOLE_HOME via either the guacamole.home property
in Tomcat's catalina.properties file, or by setting the GUACAMOLE_HOME
environment variable before starting Tomcat.  This changes slightly in
0.9.14-incubating (git repo), with /etc/guacamole becoming the
fallback-default location.

If you have guacamole.properties in /etc/guacamole, and you can
successfully change other items in that file and see the changes take
effect, then I believe your GUACAMOLE_HOME is probably configured for
/etc/guacamole, in which case your extensions should be in
/etc/guacamole/extensions.  So, you might try creating that directory,
placing the LDAP extension there, and then restarting Tomcat.

-Nick