guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RDP remote apps in a single session
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 13:55:37 GMT
On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 5:22 AM, artur <artur.langner@friendup.cloud> wrote:

> I use Guacamole 0.9.13. Right now when I start multiple remote apps for the
> same user, every app is a separate Windows session. Is it possible for
> Guacamole to make RDP remote apps share a single Windows session?
> Thank you

I believe the only way this would be possible currently in Guacamole is if
you can specify multiple Remote Apps for startup in the same connection.
Guacamole works a little bit differently than a more traditional RDP client
in this sense, as each connection has its own tab/window and starting a new
connection essentially creates an entirely new display.  With traditional
RDP clients (Windows RDP Client, xfreerdp, etc.), it uses the existing
display, so it's able to "windowize" each of the remote apps and make them
look like they are seamlessly integrated into your existing desktop.

It does bring an interesting thought, though - abstracting the Guacamole
canvas from the connections a little bit further and allowing multiple
connections/clients to exists on the same workspace.  I don't know how
feasible or desirable that would be - Mike would have to comment on that -
but I can see where it would desirable in your scenario, and I can foresee
some other times that would be an interesting way of managing the
connections.

-Nick