guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: External keyboard with iPad
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2017 06:48:02 GMT
Hi Mike:

Thanks for the reply.  Here’s the result from the keypress tester:

keydown e.keyCode=0	e.which=0	e.keyIdentifier=Unidentified	e.key=UIKeyInputEscape	e.altKey=false
e.ctrlKey=false	e.altGraphKey=false	e.metaKey=false	e.shiftKey=false	e.location=0	e.keyLocation=0

keypress	e.keyCode=85	e.which=85	e.keyIdentifier=	e.key=UIKeyInputEscape	e.altKey=false	e.ctrlKey=false
e.altGraphKey=false	e.metaKey=false	e.shiftKey=false	e.location=0	e.keyLocation=0
keyup	e.keyCode=0	e.which=0	e.keyIdentifier=Unidentified	e.key=UIKeyInputEscape	e.altKey=false

So… looks kind of funny.  The keycode reported is ’85’ which is the U character, but
the key that’s reported is ‘UIKeyInputEscape’, which is clearly not ‘U’, and also
not ESC (27).  Googling ‘UIKeyInputEscape’ suggests that this is UIKit’s name for the
escape key, but the keycode is wrong.

Does Guacamole have some idea of an editable keymap?  And if it did, would it be looking at
the ‘key’ value or the ‘keycode’ value?

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

iPhone devices) with an IOGear GKB632B keyboard (https://www.iogear.com/product/GKB632B/)

>>> The problem is that Guac doesn’t seem to understand the keyboard mapping, particularly
for the escape key (and I would guess other keys as well, but all I’m trying to do is use
‘vi’).  On this keyboard When used through Safari on the iOS devices, the escape key generates
a ‘U’ character.  It works when connected to a MacBook.