guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Paulo Gonçalves <pafgoncal...@ipc.pt>
Subject Re: Create SSH tunnel for RDP or VNC connection
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:30:07 GMT

We have created a helpdesk application that works like this:

The client has a Java application that unpacks a VNC server and runs it
on the localhost.
Then connects via SSH to the guacamole server and creates 2 tunnels, one
server to client for the VNC connection, and another one from client to
server for configuration.
The server has a guacamole extension that creates connections at
runtime. For that it listens on a fixed local port and the client
connects through the client->server SSH tunnel. The client then sends
the listening port of the server->client SSH tunnel and the VNC password
(randomly generated) to the extension, and the extension creates the
connection.
On the guacamole web application you just need to refresh the page and
the connection appears.
If the client closes the application, the guacamole extension detects
that the socket is closed and removes the connection.

It works very well and the only port publicly exposed by the guacamole
server is the SSH port.
---

 		Paulo Alexandre Figueiredo Gonçalves

 		Departamento de Tecnologias de Informação e Comunicação (DTIC)

 		Email: pafgoncalves@ipc.pt / Voip: 301103

 		 Serviços da Presidência

 		Av. Dr. Marnoco e Sousa, nº 30, 3000-271 Coimbra

 		Tel.: +351 239 791 250

 		Site:www.ipc.pt [1] | E-mail:ipc@ipc.pt

Em 2017-11-15 20:32, Aaron Newsome escreveu:

> Hello all.
>
> I'd like to create an RDP connection for a remote network but I first need to create
an ssh tunnel to the remote network. I'm able to create the ssh tunnel manually from the Guacamole
server but I'm looking for a way to automate this. Otherwise I need to ssh to the Guacamole
server first, create the tunnel and then connect via RDP.

> Has anyone been able to automate this? Any advice on how to do this?
>
> Thanks, Aaron

Links:
------
[1] http://www.ipc.pt