guacamole-user mailing list archives

From <harry.dev...@faa.gov>
Subject RE: Configuring LDAP
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:48:35 GMT
Well, I tried moving the extensions to /etc/guacamole and restarting Tomcat and guacamole,
and I still don’t see LDAP referenced in the logs.  Where do I set that in catalina.properties?
 That’s my next step.  Also, when I try to log in, I do see the following error in the log
(I masked out the IP and the user name):

Nov 13 08:32:28 access server: 08:32:28.177 [http-bio-8080-exec-1] WARN  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService
- Authentication attempt from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for user "user" failed.

Thanks,
Harry

From: Nick Couchman [mailto:vnick@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 8:05 AM
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Configuring LDAP

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:55 AM, <harry.devine@faa.gov<mailto:harry.devine@faa.gov>>
wrote:
I just restarted Guacamole and Tomcat, and I don’t see anything about LDAP loading.  I have
the 0.9.13 LDAP extension at /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions.  Is that the proper
directory for it?  I’m pretty sure that’s where the user guide said to put it.  I also
have the pertinent LDAP parameters set in the guacamole.properties file at /etc/guacamole.

In 0.9.13-incubating, if you downloaded the release from the website, then the default GUACAMOLE_HOME
will be the $HOME/.guacamole directory.  Double-check and make sure that's the Tomcat user's
home directory.  You can also change the GUACAMOLE_HOME via either the guacamole.home property
in Tomcat's catalina.properties file, or by setting the GUACAMOLE_HOME environment variable
before starting Tomcat.  This changes slightly in 0.9.14-incubating (git repo), with /etc/guacamole
becoming the fallback-default location.

If you have guacamole.properties in /etc/guacamole, and you can successfully change other
items in that file and see the changes take effect, then I believe your GUACAMOLE_HOME is
probably configured for /etc/guacamole, in which case your extensions should be in /etc/guacamole/extensions.
 So, you might try creating that directory, placing the LDAP extension there, and then restarting
Tomcat.

-Nick