guacamole-user mailing list archives

From flittermice <flitterm...@gmx.at>
Subject SSH handshake failed: only RSA keys possible?
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 23:54:17 GMT
I'm using version 0.9.13. My goal was to make a SSH connection to a host
using my existing ed25519 keys. But I permanently got "SSH handshake failed"
in guacd.

So I have spent many hours of searching for the reason. Finally it turned
out that it is only possible to use RSA keys:
1. ECDSA and Ed25519 private keys will not work because Guacamole won't be
able to recognize the key format.
2. I configured my server to send an Ed25519 host key. This was the reason
for the "SSH handshake failed" errors.

Switching back to RSA keys solved the problem for me.

Should this behaviour be documented? Or should the new key types be
implemented?
Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Flittermice