Regarding your comment on the guacamole version.  I don't understand what compatible version means?  Can you expand more on what my .jar file needs to have with regards to Guacamole version please.

I will try increasing the log level.  On your system, where is the location of your catalina.out logfile?  Mine is in /var/log/tomcat/.  Also, my catalina.out logfile has one line in it...just the version of tomcat.  Is this because I haven't enabled more logging yet?

Thank you.

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Ryan Underwood <ryan@greymarketlabs.com> wrote:
Charles,
I used that exact example and it works for me.
I'm not sure if you've confirmed that the extension specifies a compatible version of guacamole, and that it matches your version...
I increased the logging level on mine following these instructions: https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#webapp-logging (logback file goes in your guacamole home). If that fails to increase logging then there's a "home" problem. That overall made it easier to debug within the web app, though not as easy as the eclipse tomcat plugin!
-Ryan

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.symantec.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Mccrea [charlesmccrea@gmail.com]
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org [user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org]
Subject: Re: Assistance on creating jar file from directory

Hi Nick,

Still working on this issue but I'm still not seeing results.  Here's the scoop:

Using this post - https://sourceforge.net/p/guacamole/discussion/1110834/thread/48fcbd3e/#bd49/2661, I'm able to confirm a lot of things.
  • I've looked into my /etc/passwd file and confirmed that my tomcat home is /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/.
  • Inside this directory I have my guacamole.properties file and the extensions folder.
  • I didn't have my GUACAMOLE_HOME environement variable set so I've done this now using an .sh script.  Confirmed on reboot that my environment variable is set properly.
  • Inside this /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions folder I have the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar file.  At the bottom of that forum post I'm following there is an example extension .jar file.  I've used this to see if I can make changes to my login screen so I've copied this .jar file into my extensions folder so it sits beside the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar file.  I'm assuming both files can reside in the same folder without issue.
  • I then restarted tomcat and guacd services.  Cleared my history on both my Chrome and Firefox browsers and loaded up my Guacamole site.  Nothing has changed.
  • I then restarted my Guacamole server.  Again no changes on my login page.

I'm at a loss here as to why this isn't working?  I did make sure that the .jar file of this customize extension has the guac-manifest.json in the root of the directory (and not in a subdirectory).

I have no idea what log files to look into to confirm if my extension is even seen.  But I'm assuming it's not recognized.  Where should I look to confirm this?

Any other ideas on what I need to do?

Thank you.