guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Underwood <r...@greymarketlabs.com>
Subject RE: Assistance on creating jar file from directory
Date Sat, 21 Oct 2017 14:29:43 GMT
Charles,
I used that exact example and it works for me.
I'm not sure if you've confirmed that the extension specifies a compatible version of guacamole,
and that it matches your version...
I increased the logging level on mine following these instructions: https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#webapp-logging
(logback file goes in your guacamole home). If that fails to increase logging then there's
a "home" problem. That overall made it easier to debug within the web app, though not as easy
as the eclipse tomcat plugin!
-Ryan

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.symantec.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Mccrea [charlesmccrea@gmail.com]
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org [user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org]
Subject: Re: Assistance on creating jar file from directory

Hi Nick,

Still working on this issue but I'm still not seeing results.  Here's the scoop:

Using this post - https://sourceforge.net/p/guacamole/discussion/1110834/thread/48fcbd3e/#bd49/2661,
I'm able to confirm a lot of things.

  *   I've looked into my /etc/passwd file and confirmed that my tomcat home is /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/.
  *   Inside this directory I have my guacamole.properties file and the extensions folder.
  *   I didn't have my GUACAMOLE_HOME environement variable set so I've done this now using
an .sh script.  Confirmed on reboot that my environment variable is set properly.
  *   Inside this /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions folder I have the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar
file.  At the bottom of that forum post I'm following there is an example extension .jar file.
 I've used this to see if I can make changes to my login screen so I've copied this .jar file
into my extensions folder so it sits beside the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar file.
 I'm assuming both files can reside in the same folder without issue.
  *   I then restarted tomcat and guacd services.  Cleared my history on both my Chrome and
Firefox browsers and loaded up my Guacamole site.  Nothing has changed.
  *   I then restarted my Guacamole server.  Again no changes on my login page.

I'm at a loss here as to why this isn't working?  I did make sure that the .jar file of this
customize extension has the guac-manifest.json in the root of the directory (and not in a
subdirectory).

I have no idea what log files to look into to confirm if my extension is even seen.  But I'm
assuming it's not recognized.  Where should I look to confirm this?

Any other ideas on what I need to do?

Thank you.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org<mailto:vnick@apache.org>>