guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Underwood <r...@greymarketlabs.com>
Subject Sending and receiving additional on client browser
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 13:55:37 GMT
Hello,
Is there a recommended approach to sending additional data through the guacamole tunnel that
is readily interceptable/receivable for consumption from the servlet container?  Specifically,
I want to send additional user related data from their browser to Tomcat; on that browser,
I would like to display some graphics.
For the first part, I just want to know if I should even try extending the protocol a bit
to send new data (I would need to read it from within the servlet container so that would
require looking at instructions instead of blindly passing them to guacd). Alternatively,
I could use an additional REST endpoint to PUT/POST the data.
On the client display side, I intend to show some gauges/KPis that have a hide/show, similar
to the ctrl+alt+shift menu. General thoughts and recommendations would be helpful!
Thank you,
-Ryan