guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Underwood <r...@greymarketlabs.com>
Subject RE: tracking down a tomcat 500 error
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 12:39:41 GMT
Thanks Mike.
I typed PUT but meant POST, as it shows below, to POST /guacamole/api/tokens.
The larger log excerpt I pasted is catalina.out from tomcat. I'll investigate the MySQL side
and jdbc connection.
-Ryan

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.symantec.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Jumper [mike.jumper@guac-dev.org]
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org [user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org]
Subject: Re: tracking down a tomcat 500 error

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 8:42 PM, Ryan Underwood <ryan@greymarketlabs.com<mailto:ryan@greymarketlabs.com>>
wrote:
I am running guacamole via docker on win10 pro. I’m using Mysql, guacamole and guacd and
all appear to be running as intended.  I get a 500 error when I hit the home page. Localhost
access log shows all the GETs work

Those GETs are probably to static files, and thus aren't hitting the component which is failing.

and a PUT failed (172.17.0.1 - - [04/Oct/2017:03:27:52 +0000]

There shouldn't be a PUT occurring prior to login. What URL is that PUT request for?

"POST /guacamole/api/tokens HTTP/1.1" 500 185).  Any ideas where I should be looking to narrow
this down or get more info?

".../api/tokens" is the URL of the REST endpoint used for handling authentication. Given the
description of your setup, the MySQL portion of things is most likely misconfigured (somehow).
Once we find the proper log, things should clear up.

  Catalina error seems to be in non-guacamole classes so not sure where to go next.
-Ryan

Catalina:

04-Oct-2017 03:13:40.242 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-8] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse.logException
Mapped exception to response: 500 (Internal Server Error)
org.apache.guacamole.rest.APIException
        at org.apache.guacamole.rest.RESTExceptionWrapper.invoke(RESTExceptionWrapper.java:202)

What log file is this from specifically?

Thanks,

- Mike