guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Websockets not working
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 16:52:57 GMT
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Colin McGuigan
<colin_guacamole@walkingshadows.org> wrote:
> Hello again,

> So I have an SSH connection.  I can connect through Guacamole, but it's
> really slow.  Some research says that this is because I'm not using
> websockets, ...

Not necessarily. It is true that the WebSocket tunnel is faster than
the HTTP tunnel, but if you would describe the connection as "really
slow", something else might be at work here. The HTTP tunnel should
still be reasonably fast.

> Now, I've verified the following things:
>
> 1. I am connecting directly through Tomcat on port 8080.  There is no Apache
> or nginx reverse proxy.

What version of Tomcat?

> My question is, is there any way to determine why there is the initial
> connect/disconnect of a connection that lasts 14ms, or why there is an
> exception being thrown as if this disconnect is unexpected?

An exception is thrown normally when a read attempt is made against a
closed TCP socket. As this is not an error per se, at least not from
the perspective of the HTTP tunnel, that particular exception is not
normally logged, but rather handled as another indicator of connection
closure. It's only logged in this case because debug-level logging is
enabled.

- Mike