guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Problems with basic authentication
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 22:57:48 GMT
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:30 AM, Felix Wolfheimer
<f.wolfheimer@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> thanks for your help and your suggestions. I created /etc/guacamole and put
> guacamole.properties into this directory. The file has the following
> content:
>
> guacd-hostname: localhost
> guacd-port:     4822
> user-mapping: /etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml

Beware that:

1) The property "user-mapping" is a typo in the manual, and should
actually be "basic-user-mapping"
2) The "basic-user-mapping" property was deprecated in 0.9.10-incubating [1]

Though the property "basic-user-mapping" should still work, its use is
no longer recommended. The default location of
"GUACAMOLE_HOME/user-mapping.xml" should be used instead.

It's worth noting that "/etc/guacamole" was recently added to the
default search locations for GUACAMOLE_HOME [2], so the locations
you're using for everything here is actually the default on git and
for future releases.

- Mike

[1] http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/releases/0.9.10-incubating/#deprecation-of-the-basic-user-mapping-property
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-335