guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Extension hooking into log out
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 19:26:38 GMT
On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Colin McGuigan <
colin_guacamole@walkingshadows.org> wrote:

> Currently, if you logout it removes your token from memory and redirects
> you
> to the main page.
>
> For an extension implementing SAML authentication, it would also be
> necessary to send a message to the identity provider telling it to discard
> its own token.
>
> However, there seems to be no way to hook into this event.  As best I can
> tell, /api/tokens handles it completely internally and does not shell out
> any extension API.

As of a few days ago, there is such an API:

AuthenticatedUser and UserContext now both define an invalidate() function
which is invoked upon user logout:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/d808f7fbbdef9a0e14b139ac31e9fa225354efc6/guacamole-ext/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/net/auth/AuthenticatedUser.java#L52-L57
https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/d808f7fbbdef9a0e14b139ac31e9fa225354efc6/guacamole-ext/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/net/auth/UserContext.java#L233-L238

You will need to build off git to leverage this.

- Mike