guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Charles Mccrea <charlesmcc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assistance on creating jar file from directory
Date Sat, 21 Oct 2017 14:04:56 GMT
Hi Nick,

Still working on this issue but I'm still not seeing results.  Here's the
scoop:

Using this post -
https://sourceforge.net/p/guacamole/discussion/1110834/thread/48fcbd3e/#bd49/2661,
I'm able to confirm a lot of things.

   - I've looked into my /etc/passwd file and confirmed that my tomcat home
   is /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/.
   - Inside this directory I have my guacamole.properties file and the
   extensions folder.
   - I didn't have my GUACAMOLE_HOME environement variable set so I've done
   this now using an .sh script.  Confirmed on reboot that my environment
   variable is set properly.
   - Inside this /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions folder I have
the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar
   file.  At the bottom of that forum post I'm following there is an example
   extension .jar file.  I've used this to see if I can make changes to my
   login screen so I've copied this .jar file into my extensions folder so it
   sits beside the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar file.  I'm assuming
   both files can reside in the same folder without issue.
   - I then restarted tomcat and guacd services.  Cleared my history on
   both my Chrome and Firefox browsers and loaded up my Guacamole site.
   Nothing has changed.
   - I then restarted my Guacamole server.  Again no changes on my login
   page.

I'm at a loss here as to why this isn't working?  I did make sure that the
.jar file of this customize extension has the guac-manifest.json in the root
of the directory (and not in a subdirectory).

I have no idea what log files to look into to confirm if my extension is
even seen.  But I'm assuming it's not recognized.  Where should I look to
confirm this?

Any other ideas on what I need to do?

Thank you.