guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Felix Wolfheimer <f.wolfhei...@googlemail.com>
Subject Fwd: Problems with basic authentication
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 18:21:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to get a VNC connection working using Guacamole. I built and
installed the guacd and the client without issues, started guacd and
tomcat, and can see the login page of Guacamole when connecting with the
browser, but whatever I try with the user-mapping.xml file, I can't log in.
I installed the "user-mapping.xml" file to /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole
(the HOME of the tomcat user is /usr/share/tomcat) and the user-mapping.xml
file is the one and only file in this directory. It has the following
content:

<user-mapping>
  <authorize username="testuser" password="testing">
    <connection name="Cloud Workstation">
       <protocol>vnc</protocol>
       <param name="hostname">localhost</param>
       <param name="port">5901</param>
   </connection>
  </authorize>
</user-mapping>

The only message I can find on the server about the failed login is the
following line in /var/log/messages:

WARN  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - Authentication attempt from
x.x.x.x for user "testuser" failed.

I've entered the password multiple times to make sure that I just made a
typo.

Is there anything I'm missing and are there other places where I can find
debugging information about the login process which could help
understanding what goes wrong?

Thanks!