guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CAS Authentication with ADFS
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 19:23:35 GMT
On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Carter Sema <CSema@acschools.org> wrote:

> Trying out the CAS Authentication piece, and connecting back to my ADFS
> environment.
>

> My cas-authorization-endpoint is set to federation.domain.org and my
> cas-redirect-uri is set to guacamole.domain.org/guacamole. When I
> navigate to guacamole.domain.org/guacamole it redirects to the following
> error

This will almost certainly not work.  ADFS does not implement the CAS
authentication protocol.  CAS is not just a SSO product, it's a protocol,
as well, and the guacamole-auth-cas module implements authentication for
the CAS protocol.  IIRC, ADFS federation uses SAML, and there's currently
no publicly-available version of a SAML module for Guacamole, although
there are a couple of folks working on modules, I believe.

-Nick