guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Assistance on creating jar file from directory
Date Sat, 21 Oct 2017 16:25:39 GMT
On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Charles Mccrea <charlesmccrea@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Still working on this issue but I'm still not seeing results.  Here's the
> scoop:
>
> Using this post - https://sourceforge.net/p/guacamole/discussion/1110834/
> thread/48fcbd3e/#bd49/2661, I'm able to confirm a lot of things.
>
>    - I've looked into my /etc/passwd file and confirmed that my tomcat
>    home is /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/.

Please clarify tihs for me - is the home directory for the tomcat user set
to /usr/share/tomcat, or to /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole?  It *should* be
set to /usr/share/tomcat, and then within the home directory should be a
.guacamole sub-directory, which should contain the guacamole.properties
file and an extensions directory.  So, to summarize:

- Tomcat user home: /usr/share/tomcat
- GUACAMOLE_HOME: /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole
- Guacamole Properties: /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/guacamole.properties
- Extensions directory: /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions

>    - Inside this directory I have my guacamole.properties file and the
>    extensions folder.
>    - I didn't have my GUACAMOLE_HOME environement variable set so I've
>    done this now using an .sh script.  Confirmed on reboot that my environment
>    variable is set properly.
>
> If you're setting this property directly, now, in the startup script, it
should be set to /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole.

>    - Inside this /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions folder I have
>    the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar file.  At the bottom of that
>    forum post I'm following there is an example extension .jar file.  I've
>    used this to see if I can make changes to my login screen so I've copied
>    this .jar file into my extensions folder so it sits beside the
>    guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar file.  I'm assuming both files can
>    reside in the same folder without issue.
>
> If you're running 0.9.9 you should really consider upgrading.  First, I'm
not sure when custom branding support was added in, but it may not work in
that version, and, second, that's 4 releases behind the current version,
and there have been lots of improvements since then.  0.9.13-incubating is
the current released version, and then the git repo master will eventually
be 0.9.14-incubating and has more changes/fixes on top of that.

-Nick