guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UNABLE TO CREATE WEBSOCKET CONNECTION
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2017 17:29:29 GMT
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Amarjeet Singh <amarjeetxc@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nick,
>
> I already tried as you said. It' working when I am proxying through Apache
> or nginx. I am getting the following error in the browser through FES :

So, this indicates the problem is with FES.

> WebSocket connection to 'wss://172.16.1.180/accops-rdp
> /websocket-tunnel?token=D796521006917D22C54DC3D94D4274510A0B
> 92BB2C82F2FB394E6667F31AE34E&GUAC_DATA_SOURCE=default&GUAC_ID=
> ACCOPS&GUAC_TYPE=c&GUAC_WIDTH=1920&GUAC_HEIGHT=410&GUAC_DP
> I=96&GUAC_AUDIO=audio%2FL8&GUAC_AUDIO=audio%2FL16&GUAC_IMAGE
> =image%2Fjpeg&GUAC_IMAGE=image%2Fpng&GUAC_IMAGE=image%2Fwebp'
>
>>  failed: One or more reserved bits are on: reserved1 = 1, reserved2 = 0,
>> reserved3 = 0

My guess is that this error message is from FES.

>  My Queries :-
>
> * Why I am getting the above mentioned error?  *failed: One or more
> reserved bits are on: reserved1 = 1, reserved2 = 0, reserved3 = 0

I can't answer this question because I don't know anything about FES.
Evidently something in "FES" is causing a failure and stopping the
WebSocket connection.  Since I don't know anything about FES, I can't help
you there.

> * What causes this issue if we are using proxy requests  in general ?*

Since the error is with FES, and not with "proxy request in general," I'm
not sure this is a valid question.  You've tested it and you say everything
works if you use Apache and nginx, but fails when FES is used, so proxy
requests, in general, are working.  Just not with FES.

> * Why there is a below exception in GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint?*
>

>>  Thread-65] DEBUG o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Connection
>> to guacd closed.
>> org.apache.guacamole.GuacamoleConnectionClosedException: Connection to
>> guacd is closed.
>> at org.apache.guacamole.io.ReaderGuacamoleReader.read(ReaderGuacamoleReader.java:185)
>> ~[guacamole-common-0.9.10-incubating.jar:na]
>> at org.apache.guacamole.io.ReaderGuacamoleReader.readInstructio
>> n(ReaderGuacamoleReader.java:197) ~[guacamole-common-0.9.10-incu
>> bating.jar:na]
>> at org.apache.guacamole.protocol.FilteredGuacamoleReader.readIn
>> struction(FilteredGuacamoleReader.java:83) ~[guacamole-common-0.9.10-incu
>> bating.jar:na]
>> at org.apache.guacamole.protocol.FilteredGuacamoleReader.readIn
>> struction(FilteredGuacamoleReader.java:83) ~[guacamole-common-0.9.10-incu
>> bating.jar:na]
>> at org.apache.guacamole.protocol.FilteredGuacamoleReader.read(F
>> ilteredGuacamoleReader.java:66) ~[guacamole-common-0.9.10-incu
>> bating.jar:na]
>> at org.apache.guacamole.websocket.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpo
>> int$2.run(GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint.java:162)
>> ~[guacamole-common-0.9.10-incubating.jar:na]
>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
>> at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
>> at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:152)
>> ~[na:1.7.0_51]
>> at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)
>> ~[na:1.7.0_51]
>> at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:283)
>> ~[na:1.7.0_51]
>> at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:325)
>> ~[na:1.7.0_51]
>> at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:177) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
>> at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:184)
>> ~[na:1.7.0_51]
>> at org.apache.guacamole.io.ReaderGuacamoleReader.read(ReaderGuacamoleReader.java:171)
>> ~[guacamole-common-0.9.10-incubating.jar:na]
>> ... 5 common frames omitted

This likely occurs because guacd detects that there's no activity on the
tunnel (because the WebSocket connection is failing) and guacd shuts down
the connection.  This is a peripheral error and probably not what you
should be focused on until you fix the issues with FES.

> *4. What should I have to handle if I proxy requests in FES ?*

I don't know.  I don't know anything about FES, so it's very hard to say.
Is FES custom code you've written?  Is it another open source project?  Is
it proprietary code?  The issue seems to be with FES, so that needs to be
worked out.  Since Guacamole works fine when proxied through Nginx, Apache,
and any number of other web servers, the issue is not with Guacamole, or
Tomcat, and its ability to handle other software proxying requests to it.

-Nick